วันศุกร์ที่ 7 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2556

Garage Project Motorcycles

Would love to ride this Sportster. Customised in Japan by NICE...



Would love to ride this Sportster. Customised in Japan by NICE Motorcycles I'm led to believe.

Would look just as good with high bars.

Most people are familiar with the Japanese Motorcycle Custom...



Most people are familiar with the Japanese Motorcycle Custom house AC Sanctuary as their bikes have appeared on BikeEXIF numerous times.

Bulldock is another Japanese customiser who builds motorcycles in a similar style.

Bulldock call this a GT-M (Genuine Tuning Machine) Z1/2. It is of course a heavily modified Kawasaki Z1000.

This is what Google Translate has to say…

"Because the owner who is a circuit racing, it's a vehicle that elaborated with a view to circuit run heavily loaded. Therefore, compared to street private car, suspension is settings and hard. Manage to run well on the street, I have to ensure the durability of course. Order to obtain a capacity that does not raise the sound to high-grip tires, change the dimension and strengthening of the chassis. In addition, I have assembled aiming to balance of durability and power up the engine."

At #storytime tonight there was only one thing the kids wanted...



At #storytime tonight there was only one thing the kids wanted to read. Great #magazine, get yourself a subscription and support quality. @returnofthecaferacers

Not everyones cup of limonade but I wouldn't mind one in...



Not everyones cup of limonade but I wouldn't mind one in the garage. Anyone else?

"My name is Burt Welleford. In June 2013 I'll begin...







"My name is Burt Welleford. In June 2013 I'll begin my journey around the country on my third generation Vincent Black Shadow.

I am doing this to raise awareness for The Shriners Hospitals for Children. The Shriners Hospitals provide FREE healthcare services to children across North America. In addition to the fact that their goal is helping children, I chose to support them because they are able to spend 91% of all donations on actual services.

My route will take me west from Atlanta  GA and clockwise around the borders of the lower 48 states of the U.S. and ending back in Atlanta.

If you are near the edge of the country, rider or not, I would love to see you along the way. Please check online and help me help the kids!"

FOLLOW THE JOURNEY on facebook

DONATE
Want to make a donation to the cause and help Burt complete the ride, go here.

LEARN ABOUTSHRINERS HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN here

FLAT TRACK - Book Giveaway for tumblr followers

A Story about coming of age, love and above all, racing ‘On the turns, where you defy physics...

Built by Custom Wolf of Germany, this Laverda custom has lines...



Built by Custom Wolf of Germany, this Laverda custom has lines that surely the Laverda tragics would be happy with…ok maybe not but its damn sexy.

With parts from a Benelli TNT, an MV Augusta and a Ducati Paul Smart this is a very special bike.

Bécanes motos

Bécanes motos: Hello, Thank you for your amazing Blog. This is my photography motorcycles web...

Michael had a good week Day 1 : Michael joins Perth Cafe...



Michael had a good week

Day 1 : Michael joins Perth Cafe Racers (PCR)
Day 2 : Michael comes to Reds Cafe, the PCR hangout and asks our opinion on the above bike.
Day 3 : Michael buys the bike - a schmick Honda GB250
Day 4 : Michael gets the bike registered
Day 5 : Michael asks "Should I change the seat and get the wheels powder coated?"

stinga-one: essenziale 2.0 One of my all time favourite bikes.



stinga-one:

essenziale 2.0

One of my all time favourite bikes.

George send me a pic of his bike a few weeks ago and while I...











George send me a pic of his bike a few weeks ago and while I really like these type of bikes I wouldn't normally feature one. However after reading that it was built on an $800 budget I had to post it as inspiration for others

"Here is the story of the motorcycle so far. Bought about a year ago as a commuter in a totally original state (not even an exhaust on it). The bike was doing it's job pretty well, but i saw that there where some true potentials of beauty in her.

Inspiration came from bike builders like A.C santcuary & Bulldock Japan and i started with a very tight budget of aprox. $800 to build it. A lot of one off parts made by me like the clip on's, the tail tidy and even the solid brass label on the exhaust is made by hand by me. The color is a unique, one off mixture off gold & green pearl with black stripes on it, and a thick coat of clear laquer (5 hands of it!)

Lot's of powdercoated parts, wheels, swingarm, triple trees even the levers are OEM powder coated. The fact that I was on such a tight budget made me try something different, the bike is not a bolt on bike.
The exhaust is the original OEM headers 4 to 1, chopped, with a one off inserted silencer. The headlight is a 1978 yamaha xs 400. I changed the brake hoses with braided one, chopped rear light, lever hollowed by hand and a lot of small part's on the bike are powder coated. Even the seat was remoulded with anti-slip surface.

The bike was built in a room acually with late night's and rock'n'roll music!
I am very proud of her (here in Greece bikes have a sex when we talk about them)

Yours sincerely 
Gerorge Lavatsis LVTZ
Amateur bike builder/Mechanical Engineer"

I posted the bikes of Throttle Roll 2013 a few days ago. Now...



I posted the bikes of Throttle Roll 2013 a few days ago. Now it's time for you to watch the video.

Can't believe I flew out the day before…$#@%

I don't often post bikes that I see on ebay because the...



I don't often post bikes that I see on ebay because the pics are usually crap. These pics are no exception …but the bike is.

"Egli Vincent 1970 Shadow 70. This is a genuine 1970 Roger Slater manufactured Egli not a kit bike, one of very few made."

Available in Perth, Western Australia right now. Has one bid of AU$38,000 at the moment.

Went looking for something cool I saw a few days ago that I...


"Hold Fast"





Went looking for something cool I saw a few days ago that I couldn't get out of my head. I didn't end up finding it but I did stumble upon these great pieces of art by Terry Bradley.

The tank at the top is called "Hold Fast" and was painted for a competition Harley held last year.

I wish more people got creative with their tanks.

Posted a HD Cafe Racer that was submitted and asked if anyone...



Posted a HD Cafe Racer that was submitted and asked if anyone knew anything about it. BAM….Brian submits a couple of links and I found a few more pics of the bike. Cheers Brian.

Someone submitted this picture, no info, just the pic. Looks...



Someone submitted this picture, no info, just the pic.

Looks ok, thought I'd post it. Looks like a fairly tight HD cafe to me.

Anyone got any info on it?

The Bikes of Throttle Roll. Last Saturday, the first motorcycle...


Built by R&B Racing


Built by Addiction


Built by Evolution Motorsports


Built by Deus


Built by Mean Machines









The Bikes of Throttle Roll.

Last Saturday, the first motorcycle event of its kind happened in Sydney. I flew out of Sydney 24hrs before. %$#@!

Being friends with the organisers, they were kind enough to forward me the press release with all 48 pictures. I'm showing you the pics of just some of the bikes that were on display.

"Spirits, hair and thumpers were running wild at the debut motorcycle showcase event Throttle Roll on Saturday May 11 at The Vic, Enmore in Sydney, Australia.

With over 3500 (motorcycle enthusiasts, families, hipsters and dogs) people attending the event across the day, the streets of Enmore where filled with the likes of Bobbers, Classics and Café Racers. Traffic clogged up as bikes where parked left right and centre. No parking - signs covered. Footpaths littered with stunning bikes. The Motorcycle show covered 3 streets and that was before anyone had made it inside. It felt like a carnival of a Rio street party level. Once inside the venue 60 of Australia's best where displayed in this urban jungle of a motorcycle show. Concrete floors, graffiti covered walls, scaffolding 2 bikes high, a massive stage and a whole lot of alcohol. It was a celebration of custom motorcycles and rockabilly culture. 12 hours of vintage inspired entertainment by the Snow Droppers, Wes Pudsey & The Sonic Aces and the Cope Street Parade.

The free event brought people from all around Australia with some of the bikes being hauled down to Sydney from Brisbane for the event. Featuring never before seen bikes from the likes of RB Racing, Mean Machines, Red Star Garage, Rene9ade Custom Motorcycles, Rocker Classic Motorcycles, Deus, Shed – X, Evolution Custom Industries and Desmoclinic just to name a few. There were no right or wrong ways to build a motorbike the wonderful and the wacky where on show with the vibe and enthusiasm staying strong until the early hours of the morning.

The 50 custom motorcycles on show were appreciated by the wide-ranging enthusiasts, from devout Café Racer experts to rockabilly sweethearts. We can't wait for Throttle Roll 2014.

All pictured Credited to Patrick Stevenson and Throttle Roll.

Cheers,

Ride Safe, Stay Cool
Mark Hawwa
(Founder, blogger, ride co-ordinator, Procrastinator,  all round nice guy)"

For a better write up and a few more pics, check out Pipeburn

If you are in Perth and would like to see an event like this happen here, let me know and I might just organise it.

Seen at Inazuma Cafe Blog A lot more info there.



Seen at Inazuma Cafe Blog

A lot more info there.

How would you classify this custom bike, is it a street tracker,...



How would you classify this custom bike, is it a street tracker, a cafe racer, a brat or something else?

Remember Mike from Canada and his AMAZING CBX1000? It was one of...













Remember Mike from Canada and his AMAZING CBX1000? It was one of the most popular bikes I've ever featured.

Mike sent me some pics of his ex. The Japanese custom shops punch out some amazing SR's (I've featured a few here) but Mike's SR is as good as ANY.

Sure the red frame, red engine, red carby, red everthing is over the top but (and I can't believe I'm saying this…) it's over the top in a good way.

If you think the pictures a good, read the story behind the bike. The muffler is originally from a Toyota Camry!

"While my, beloved, SR has moved on ( whereabouts unknown) here are a few shots of it; Highlights (?!)

Regarding the Mighty SR, it was always more of a work in progress. Just when you figured you'd taken it about as far as you wanted/could, something else would pull you in. For instance;
  • The headlight 'fairing' is an aftermarket, fiberglass, R6 front fender I 'McGyvered'
  • GSXR 750 front end
  • The oil cooler was a class project a buddy gave me from his machine shop course ( thanks again, Dave). It started out as bar stock alloy.
  • RZ350 rear mono. My friend, Joel, dropped off the rolling chassis after he blew up the motor. He figured that I just might have a use for it.
  • Mags from a Yammie FZR6 
  • Rear caliper from a ZX750 on a ,modded, SR500 bracket.
  • 'Chin' fairing is a fiberglass copy I fabbed from a RZ350 ( the original,plastic, one didn't hold up long to the SR's vibration). I mounted it using,rubber, radiator mounts for a Toyota.
  • More Toyota bits? That would be the 'muffler'. It started life as a resonator on a Camry.The,alloy, vapor catch tank came from another Camry…it was a receiver/dryer for an A.C. unit.
  • Kickstarter arm from an XS650. I 'McGyvered' it too, its a stronger bit than the original SR item.
  • Clutch lever from a Honda 900RR.
  • Rear master from a CBR600.
  • Front,radial pump, master from a ZX10R.
  • Speedo uses RZ350 innards. I printed the face using the computer I'm typing this to you with, then shot clear coat over it to keep the colors fast.
  • I got some end-cuts from a, local, plastics distributor and fabbed the clear cam & clutch 'windows'. I just thought they looked kinda cool.
  • Mirrors are metal copies of the, plastic, ones on my mountain bike. More bits I had lying around.
  • The tailpiece is a modded RS250 fiberglass bit. It won't challange any Gold Wings for comfort, but it looks 'right.
  • TT500 electrics. The, original, SR mag fried and rather than risk another stranding I went for the TT's simplicity. Actually, a fairly easy mod.
  • Carrilo rod and (I think…its been awhile, a third over piston). Other than that, the motor is pretty much stock.
  • Rearsets are buddy pegs from my old GSXR welded to some, nice, alloy bar stock ( ok a trailer hitch) I found in a parking lot.
Sooo much fun to ride. No worries about being a hero, it is a 500 single after all. Just mount up, kick it to life, and go for a ride. Though….on a twisty road it was never passed, and there weren't many bikes could run from it. Staight sections? Well, you just had to hope that there would be twisty bits along in short order.
The kick start is a real crowd pleaser. Always fun to watch someone, with no kicker experience, reduce themselves to a sweaty mass of frustration, as the SR mocks their efforts.
Here is a walk around vid of the bike. Amazing bike.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น